What is a Grant and Donation?
The term Grants and Donations applies to the provision of funding or actual goods and services in response to an unsolicited request from an organisation or individual and must be provided without any implied or actual benefit in return for Daiichi Sankyo.
What types of Grant and Donation will Daiichi Sankyo consider supporting?
Daiichi Sankyo UK Ltd is committed to supporting projects which enhance patient care, or benefit the NHS and maintain patient care.
Examples of these are:
- Patient education meetings and materials
- Healthcare Professional and appropriate Administrative Staff Education
- Educational bursaries and scholarships
- Donations to charitable organisations
What are the criteria used to determine which grants and donations are funded?
We receive many requests for funding and are not able to support all of these. We try to fund as many requests as we can, within the yearly allocated budget, and evaluate each request on its individual merits.
Daiichi Sankyo considers the following factors when evaluating which activities to support; does the programme:
- enhance care beyond that provided in routine practice within the NHS
- benefit and enable the NHS to improve care for patients
- supports the NHS and NHS staff
- meet the UK regulatory requirements of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
If support is provided through a grant or donation this must be acknowledged on any materials associated with the activity e.g. educational items.
Daiichi Sankyo will make publicly available on its UK website details of grants and donations provided in accordance with Clause 18.6 of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry Code of Practice.
What items/activities will not be funded by a UK Grant or Donation:
- Requests for grants to be spent on routine capital equipment or building funds, such as capital or operating expenses
- Website development
- Social events (such as Charity Balls, Student graduation celebrations)
- Donations to charities based outside the UK or those not associated with healthcare
- Investigator Initiated Trials .Requests for funding related to clinical trials should be sent directly to the UK Medical Director
- Travel grants for Healthcare Professionals to attend scientific conferences. Requests for travel grants should be sent to your local Daiichi Sankyo Sales Professional.
- Sponsorship of a meeting at which Daiichi Sankyo will have an exhibition stand or it’s employees will attend in return for sponsoring the meeting. Requests for sponsorship of such meetings should be discussed with your local Daiichi Sankyo Sales Professional
Does previous support of a programme guarantee future support?
What is the process for grant approval in the UK?
All grants are evaluated by the Daiichi Sankyo UK Grants and Donations committee. This committee membership includes the Daiichi Sankyo UK General Manager, Medical Director and Finance Director. The committee meets once every calendar month to review the submissions and we commit to reply to each request whether or not we support it within 8 weeks of having received the request and all the information required to make a decision.
To apply for a grant or donation from Daiichi Sankyo please follow the appropriate link below. The applicant will initially be directed to complete and anti-bribery assessment form.
Please do not use these forms to report adverse events. If you experience any adverse effects whilst taking a Daiichi Sankyo product, please report the event to:
Daiichi Sankyo UK Limited
Chalfont Park, Gerrards Cross
0800 028 5122
Information on the reporting of adverse events can be obtained from www.yellowcard.gov.uk.
Registered Charities or Patient Organisations Application Form
Participation in Healthcare Professional Education Application Form
Delivery of Healthcare Professional Education Application Form
Application Form for Other Activities