Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the underlying cause of 26% of all deaths in the UK, which equates to approximately 160,000 deaths per year, or 435 people each day.1 Approximately 42,000 of these deaths are premature and, in many cases, could be prevented.1
We have a long-standing history of striving to help patients with cardiovascular diseases by developing innovative treatments. This is in order to help them – and those who stand beside them – enjoy their lives to the fullest.
We aim to continue this commitment through aligning our commercial objectives with the delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan, for which the milestones for cardiovascular disease are:2
- Prevent up to 150,000 heart attacks, strokes and dementia cases over the next 10 years
- Work with partners to improve community first response and build defibrillator networks
- By 2028, the proportion of patients accessing cardiac rehabilitation will be amongst the best in Europe with up to 85% of those eligible accessing care
The prevention of disease is at the core of what we do. Our goal is to support the NHS achieve its objectives during the next 10 years and support improved population health outcomes.
Our current cardiovascular portfolio includes products for:
- Prevention of stroke and systemic embolism
For a full list of Daiichi Sankyo products available in the UK please click here.
- Heart UK. State of the nation: Cardiovascular disease Available at: https://www.heartuk.org.uk/downloads/health-professionals/heart-uk-state-of-the-nation-report-2018.pdf Last accessed June 2021
- NHS England. NHS Long Term Plan. Available: www.longtermplan.nhs.uk Last accessed: June 2021
DSC/22/0039 - March 2022