Joint Working with Daiichi Sankyo
Daiichi Sankyo is committed to working with the NHS to improve patient healthcare. We believe that better patient care can be achieved through Joint Working with the NHS.
In Joint Working, the NHS and industry organisations pool skills, experience and / or resources for the joint development and implementation of patient centred projects and share a commitment to successful delivery.
For this reason Daiichi Sankyo supports and actively implements the principles of Joint Working, as laid out by the Department of Health and the ABPI.
Our approach to partnerships is based on a ‘beyond transactional’ service delivery moving past the traditional pharma-customer model. Some of our Joint Working projects to date have included:
- Clinical therapy reviews; supporting healthcare professionals to undertake assessments of patient populations and optimise treatment plans
- Partnering with third parties to provide digital solutions that can improve case finding and protect at-risk patients of stroke and other cardiovascular events, with the aim of improving and closing local detection and protection gaps
- Initiatives and projects that are aligned to the delivery of better patient outcomes, that reduce health inequalities and improve population health at scale
Daiichi Sankyo is working on a number of Joint Working Initiatives with the NHS. Learn more about the outcomes and benefits for patients with our Executive Summaries that demonstrate how our relationship with the NHS is a transparent, consultative and problem-solving partnership to help deliver better care in areas of mutual interest. Read our executive summaries
Joint Working Guidance
Joint Working is an increasingly important part of the relationship between the NHS and pharmaceutical organisations.
The new ABPI guide, which is supported by the Department of Health and NHS Confederation, provides a quick reference for those who are considering launching new schemes.
Both the NHS and the ABPI publish guidance materials on Joint Working:
- Moving Beyond Sponsorship: Interactive toolkit for Joint Working between the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry
- Clause 20: ABPI Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry 2019
- DH Best Practice Guidance on Joint Working between the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry and other relevant commercial organisations
- A Common Understanding 2012 - Working Together For Patients: Guidance on Joint-Working between NHSScotland and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Guidance for Partnership Working between NHS Organisations, Primary Care Contractors, the Pharmaceutical Industry and the Allied Commercial Sector in Wales 2016
Working with Daiichi Sankyo
For further information on existing Joint Working projects or to explore Joint Working opportunities with Daiichi Sankyo please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact details, including telephone number or email address, so that we can get back in touch with you.
DSC/20/0278 - December 2020