What is a Grant and Donation?
The term Grants and Donations applies to the provision of funding or actual goods and services in response to an unsolicited request from an organisation or individual and must be provided without any implied or actual benefit in return for Daiichi Sankyo.
What types of Grant and Donation will Daiichi Sankyo consider supporting?
Daiichi Sankyo UK Ltd is committed to supporting projects which enhance patient care, or benefit the NHS and maintain patient care.
Examples of these are:
- Patient education meetings and materials
- Healthcare Professional and appropriate Administrative Staff Education
- Educational bursaries and scholarships
- Donations to charitable organisations
What are the criteria used to determine which grants and donations are funded?
We receive many requests for funding and are not able to support all of these. We try to fund as many requests as we can, within the yearly allocated budget, and evaluate each request on its individual merits.
All funding approval is at the discretion of Daiichi Sankyo UK Ltd and is not guaranteed even if all criteria is met
Daiichi Sankyo considers the following factors when evaluating which activities to support; does the programme:
- enhance care beyond that provided in routine practice within the NHS
- benefit and enable the NHS to improve care for patients
- meet the UK regulatory requirements of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
If support is provided through a grant or donation this must be acknowledged on any materials associated with the activity e.g. educational items.
Daiichi Sankyo will make publicly available on its UK website details of grants and donations provided in accordance with Clause 19.2 of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry Code of Practice.
What items/activities will not be funded by a UK Grant or Donation:
- Requests for grants to be spent on routine capital equipment or building funds, such as capital or operating expenses
- Website development
- Social events (such as Charity Balls, Student graduation celebrations)
- Donations to charities based outside the UK or those not associated with healthcare
- Investigator Initiated Trials .Requests for funding related to clinical trials should be sent directly to the UK Medical Director
- Travel grants for Healthcare Professionals to attend scientific conferences.
- Sponsorship of a meeting at which Daiichi Sankyo will have an exhibition stand or it’s employees will attend in return for sponsoring the meeting. Requests for sponsorship of such meetings should be discussed with your local Daiichi Sankyo Sales Professional
- Any activity or professional development that would be expected to be carried to maintain registration to a professional body and/or for appraisal and revalidation.
Does previous support of a programme guarantee future support?
No. The Grants and Donations Committee will judge each application on its own merits, and successful applications will be granted in line with the available budget, along with our commitment to ensure an appropriate geographical representation of Grants and Donations recipients.
What is the process for grant approval in the UK?
All grants are evaluated by the Daiichi Sankyo UK Grants and Donations committee. This committee membership includes the Daiichi Sankyo UK Compliance Officer, Medical Director and Finance Director. The committee meets once every fortnight to review the submissions and we commit to reply to each request whether or not we support it within 4 weeks of having received the request and all the information required to make a decision.
In the unusual event of applicants not being notified by that time, an email notification will be sent from the Grants and Donations Committee explaining the reason for any delay.
To apply for a grant or donation from Daiichi Sankyo please download and complete the appropriate form and the anti-bribery assessment form. Please email the forms to Grantsanddonations@daiichi-sankyo.co.uk
Please do not use these forms to report adverse events. If you experience any adverse effects whilst taking a Daiichi Sankyo product, please report the event to:
Daiichi Sankyo UK Limited
1 Chalfont Park, Gerrards Cross
0800 028 5122
Information on the reporting of adverse events can be obtained from www.yellowcard.gov.uk